My rants about anything and everything. My personal space to write my ramblings. Feel free to disagree.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

/

The only that thing that strikingly reminds me of, after listening to this song is this dialog from the movie Music and Lyrics:

Sophie (Drew Barrymore) - “A melody is like seeing someone for the first time, the physical attraction, SEX. But then as you get to know the person – that’s the lyrics, the story, who they are underneath”

I think that statement would suit for all songs and especially this masterpiece from the maestro. When I first heard it, I don’t know how I managed to completely ignore the lyrics, maybe because of Yesudas sir's voice or the soulful melody. I kept humming the tune all day long today at work, not exactly knowing the words.

Tonight when I heard it again, I specifically paid attention to the lyrics and realized that this might probably be one of the best songs I have heard in recent times, better than even Ilayaraaja sir’s other songs. The song touches many aspects of a common man’s life - loneliness, poverty, relationship, spirituality, Love and many more, all in a simple, pleasant and yet powerful way.

I don’t know who the lyricist is, but this is one powerful song that I am sure is going to haunt me for a long, long time. I love Ilayaraaja for the genius in him and for all the magic he has weaved over all these years. I think no one can blend the “charanam” and the “pallavi” as he does and this song is no exception.

“Intha bhoomiyil anaathai yaar… anaathai yaar…”

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Text Widget

About us

My Instagram

Pages

Followers

Unordered List

Popular Posts

BTemplates.com

| Free Blogger Templates