My rants about anything and everything. My personal space to write my ramblings. Feel free to disagree.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

/

While at work today, I stopped by a colleague’s desk to discuss something as I noticed that he hurriedly minimized a cricket live score website after seeing me. It reminded me of how crazily I used to follow cricket once.

I used to follow cricket so much that I used to keep statistics of batsmen’s strike rates, bowler’s economy and each team’s wins/losses etc. Again, as mentioned, I USED TO. Not now; not for the past 4 or 5 years. I simply lost track of it, partly because of work and travel making cricket inaccessible, but mostly due to my sudden drain of interest for the sport. I honestly tried to watch as much cricket as I could, but I preferred playing some games or watching movies over it.

My ignorance and unawareness is so severe now that I don’t know what ‘Power Play’ is; don’t even know the names of most of the players; needless to say that I can’t even tell which country one plays for, especially with all this league teams hiring players from all over.It is a shame for me to let my sister educate me on these things.

But then I somehow happen to have the time to type and post this blog, yet, I just don’t want to google ‘Power Play’ and read about it. Clearly, that is just as much I care about it.

I remember from my school days (when I was a crazy cricket fan) on one episode of Kaun Banega Crorepathi, there was this opening question posted at the contestant. Mind you, the opening questions would be that simple that answering it wrong would be tougher than wrestling a bear down all by yourself.

If I remember right, the question was ‘Who is the current opening batsmen of Australia who opens the innings with Adam Gilchrist?’ or something of that sorts. The options were laid out in front of him which included a couple of retired cricketers in the list .

No one watching the program got excited until the time we saw the contestant not having the slightest clue about the answer. The contestant had to use one of his lifelines to get past that question.

I clearly remember cursing him and scoffing at his ignorance. Ironically, now I am in an even more pathetic condition myself, with my knowledge of current cricket affairs.
What goes around comes around…

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Text Widget

About us

My Instagram

Pages

Followers

Unordered List

Popular Posts

BTemplates.com

| Free Blogger Templates