Sunday, July 7, 2013

How history was taught in school

I go back to think of the times when in school I was taught history lessons...

I have enjoyed some of the classes but dreaded most of them. Mainly because all we had to do was write down notes and lengthy answers at a really really fast pace... we used to take turns to ask doubts entirely to give ourselves a break from this gruelling task.

I am completely unaware of how history lessons are taught in schools now... but this is how I would want it to be...

1. Tell it as a story maybe even as movies
2. Never make it mandatory to remember all the dates...
3. Make all questions as multiple choice
4. Give a complete disclosure that there are multiple versions of the same story
5. Leave it to the interest of the students to learn
6. Please don't dictate notes and make the students twitch their fingers...

No comments: